Charger Fund 2011-2012
The Charlotte Wood Charger Fund is a volunteer-run, non-profit (501c3) affiliate of the San Ramon Valley Education Fund, dedicated to enhancing the quality of education at CWMS.
The Charger Fund supports two primary areas, Class Size Reduction and Technology:
Class Size Reduction
This past year, Charger Fund donations of $225,000 funded 15 additional classes.
This reduced class size by an average of 5 students, from 34 students to 29 students per class in:
- All 6th Grade Core classes
- All 7th Grade English and History classes
- All 8th Grade English and History classes
- All Math classes
- All Science classes
Smaller class sizes allow for fewer distractions and more individualized, hands-on and creative learning.
There is NO state funding for school technology. Parent donations provide current technology to support today’s learning environments.
This past year, technology purchases of $70,000 included:
- Laptop computers for Science, 8th Grade English, 6th Grade Core, Math classes, Computer Lab
- iPads/Projectors for 8th grade History, 7th grade Core, Science Dept.
- Computers & iPad for Special Ed and Speech programs
- Training, support & maintenance