Tech Tips for Parents of Teens
Common Sense Media Awareness
- We believe in media sanity, not censorship.
- We believe that media has truly become "the other parent" in our kids' lives, powerfully affecting their mental, physical, and social development.
- We believe in teaching our kids to be savvy media interpreters -- we can’t cover their eyes but we can teach them to see.
- We believe parents should have a choice and a voice about the media our kids consume. Every family is different but all need information.
- We believe that the price for free and open media is a bit of extra homework for families. Parents need to know about media content and need to manage media use.
- We believe that through informed decision making, we can improve the media landscape one decision at a time.
- We believe appropriate regulations about right time, right place, and right manner exist. They need to be upheld by our elected and appointed leaders.
- We believe in age-appropriate media and that the media industry needs to act responsibly as it creates and markets content for each audience.
- We believe ratings systems should be independent and transparent for all media.
- We believe in diversity of programming and media ownership.